Most companies take a reactive approach to awards – they wait until their Director or CEO says “I want to win this award” or the organiser emails out a call for entries before they start preparing entries.
A better approach taken by a minority of organisations (typically those more successful at entering awards) is somewhat more proactive and strategic.
Here are some of the ways in which we can help you with awards planning:
Creating an awards plan
Our most popular planning service involves creating an awards plan. This involves:
1) Agreeing your awards objectives.
2) Brainstorming your best stories and filtering them using an ingenious scoring system and a fun workshop.
3) Identifying relevant awards.
4) Matchmaking the most award-friendly stories with the most relevant awards to create a detailed plan.
5) Summarising the key actions (particularly evidence gathering) necessary to make the stories likely winners.
6) Uploading the plan to an online Awards Planner which ensures the deadlines stay up-to-date and the right
people are sent reminders for your chosen awards. (see The Awards Planner for details on this specific tool).
In summary this ensures you enter the right stories into the right awards with the right evidence and with ample warning – perfection in awards planning!
Other planning services
We can also help with the following:
- Researching stakeholder needs and expectations – to inform an awards strategy.
- Creating an appropriate governance structure to enable us to manage the identification, selection and submission of award entries.
- Creating a high level plan with key dates (other than deadlines).
- Awards writing workshops delivered onsite to 10-15 delegates and covering the key principles in writing, evidencing and presenting your stories to awards judges (often used in conjunction with our support with priority submissions).